Hi everyone! Do not adjust your computer screens... I went vintage. LOL This card was made with a NEW stamp set, from a NEW stamp line, from MFT that will be releasing on October 6th! Surprise! I know it's shocking on all accounts, but isn't this new stamp set so pretty? It is from a new stamp line called Inspired By, that will feature more realistic, vintage stamps. The new stamp set is called Caged Bird. The set was inspired was a poem by Maya Angelou.
I had to really "dig" to make this card happen.
- I sponged the edges of all my card layers... in dark brown. It's been a while since I went there. LOL
- I used fibers. Three kinds. Please don't judge me. Don't they just "go"?
- I didn't color a single thing on this card. It's all SOLID stamping. HUH?
- I distressed the edges on the layers of my card. I still do that sometimes, but collectively, this card is WAY outside of my "box".
- I maimed my ribbon. I wrapped, I heat gunned, and I melted it. Please forgive me ribbon, but you just weren't fitting in otherwise.
Here are some details about the upcoming release on October 6th at 10 PM EST:
- The MFT release is on October 6th at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available on October 6th at 10 PM EST.
- The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the DT for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog at 11 AM EST. Be sure to leave comments as you go for a chance to win one of 2 sets being given away, just for leaving a comment. :) Check Kim's blog every day for the winners.