- You Spin Me Additions (which coordinates with the Game Day Spinner Die-namics die released last month)
- Happy Thoughts (the Triple Scoop set from last month)
I made a card for my SIL, who is expecting her second baby.
I used a sentiment from the Happy Thoughts stamp set and built the second part of the sentiment with the Banner Strip Die and Mini Banner Say Alphabet stamp set. (Have I mentioned how flippin' cute it is?) I have a mini-tutorial below to show you how I made the banner. QUICK, EASY, and "perfect". (not a conceited perfect, but a "it's spaced perfectly perfect)
Here is the die I used:
How to make the banner
First I stamped the letters I wanted on the "good side" of the banner. The paper you see is textured because of my extremely worn Big Shot plates. Time for a replacement, huh? LOL Flip the banner over to the back, and squirt some glue BELOW the "anchor strip" of the die (as shown)
Then lay a piece of twine over the glue. I used TCPs Divine Twine for my card. Set it aside and let it dry for a while.
Use a metal-edged ruler and a craft knife (or scissors if you're more comfortable with that), and cut between the twine and anchor strip to "set free" all the little pennants. Now you will have a mini banner that you can "string up". The triangles are SO tiny, so it really helps to not have to attempt to space them yourself or try to make them symmetrical. This is just one of the many ways you can use the Banner Strip die. Fun, huh?
Next up I have a card using You Spin Me Additions. This stamp set coordinates with the Game Day Spinner die that was released last month. It is a really fun and innovative element to add to your paper creations!
To create the spinner, I die-cut it once in black and once in white. Then, I stamped all the "dare" pieces using chalk ink on the white "inserts". I added a flower from the Flower Trio die in the center for fun. I used the arrow to point to the one dare slot I stamped in a different color and chose the Dare to Be Different sentiment. There are many options with this stamp set!
Here are the dies I used:
A couple tips:
When stamping pieces for the inside slots, try to keep your die-cut piece connected. It's easier to center your images when it is still "hooked together".
I recommend using chalk ink when stamping solid, clear stamps. I also stamp on a piercing pad. (See the zillion holes in my very used pad? LOL)
When using the solid pieces, if you have any portions of your paper that didn't get stamped fully (see the small white edges?), just sponge the edges with the ink pad you used. It was easy and fixed any of the small imperfections.
Sometimes with thin dies, you'll get little "shards" of paper on the edges of your die-cuts. Just rub them away with your fingers or a sanding block. Thin dies cut with pressure, as opposed to a blade, so that is why that happens.
November Release Details
Here are some details about the upcoming release on November 3rd at 10 PM EST:
- The MFT release is on November 3rd at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available on November 3rd at 10 PM EST.
- The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the DT for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog at 11 AM EST. Be sure to leave comments as you go for a chance to win one of 2 sets being given away, just for leaving a comment. :) Check Kim's blog every day for the winners.