My card and project today features the new Graphic Grid Patterned Paper Pack, Chinese Takeout Die-namics, and Good Fortune stamp set. I was inspired by the colorful palette in the paper pack and added a splash of color (literally) using the Distressed Patterns stamp set. The takeout box was created from scratch using the takeout box die-cut (8 of them) and some creative mathematics/cutting/scoring/adhering. The top closure was created with the slot included in the die set. Each fortune cookie contains a different fortune - this would make a fun gift for a dinner party hostess. The fortune cookies were each created with a 3" circle from Circle Stax Set 1.
How to make a fortune cookie:
- Die cut a 3" circle
- Score in half
- On the 2 sides of the circle that do NOT have score lines on them, soften/shape the paper by rolling up (think taco)
- lay the fortune in the center of the "taco" (fortune up - end hanging off the edge of the circle)
- grab the two ends of the "taco", use your thumb nail to press in at the center of the circle, on the score line, and pull the ends of the "taco" together in the opposite direction
- hold in place with a glue dot inside the fold of the fortune coolie (where the two halves "kiss"
- Tip - this works best with very thin paper or felt
How to make the Chinese takeout box:
- Die cut 8 takeout boxes
- Cut a square to 2 11/16, score each edge at 1/2", trim off the small corners that are created from the intersection score lines
- Adhere one takeout box die cut to each flap of the piece created in step 2
- Cut 4 pieces to 2" X 1 1/2" and score down the center at 3/4"
- Adhere one piece to the end of each takeout box adhered in step 4
- Adhere one takeout box die cut to each flap (large end to large end) - you can create the closure of your choice on 2 takeout box "top flaps" of your choice. I used the slot die and created a strip to fit within the slot.
- When folding up the side of the box, if you want it to be secured, affix a scored circle die cut to each side to keep in place (on the inside of the box)