Hi everyone! Thank you for all the sweet comments and e-mails about my cupcake box. Since I am getting so many e-mails asking for the dimensions, I decided to post them here on my blog. Using the pictures and written instructions, it should be pretty easy to figure out. If you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me.
These directions were copy pasted from my Word document and it didn't retain the formatting, but again, should be easy to figure out. If you make one of these, please link back to this post or send me an e-mail so I can check it out. :)
- Cupcake Box:
· Base of box: 10 ½ X 10 ½ score at 3 inches in on each side
1. cut along score lines to create 4 flaps
2. put adhesive on all 4 flaps and assemble box
3. cut 4 pieces patterned paper to 4 ¼ X 2 ¾ and use to line box
- · Lid of box: 8 x 8 scored at 1 11/16 (15/8 + 1 line)
1. cut hole in lid using Curvy Cutter
2. cut acetate large enough to cover hole in lid
3. adhere acetate inside lid
4. cut 4 pieces patterned paper to 4 ½ X 1 9/16 (1 ½ + 1 line) and adhere to outer flaps of box
5. cut along score lines and create 4 flaps
6. put adhesive on all 4 flaps and assemble lid
- · Insert for box: 6 ½ X 6 ½ scored at inch in on each side
1. cut a “wedge” out of each corner of the insert. You will be cutting out the entire square on each corner, plus a little more on each side to create a V shape on each corner.
2. Using a ruler and pencil, draw an X on the WRONG side of the insert (the underside). Use a paper piercer to poke a hole in the center of the X.
3. Using the paper pierced hole as your guide, cut a 2 ¼ inch circle out the center of your insert using Curvy Cutter
4. Place insert in box
- · Stamp cupcakes and color. Cut out each cupcake and use as embellishments for the top of the box. Reserve one small colored cupcake for side of lid.
- · Stamp sentiment and use Nestabilities to die cut an oval. Adhere to rim of lid and embellish with cut out cupcake.
You can use the box for a single cupcake OR use a cupcake liner filled with a gift for unique packaging idea.
RIBBON SHARE UPDATE: Ribbon is shipping out to me today. :) YAY! Should have it in about a week (crossing my fingers that I will have it by Friday).