- untwist one end of the truffle wrapper (make sure to untwist the bottom so your lollipop's words are in the correct direction). Let's call that a JODY RULE! LOL
- shove stick into truffle
- re-twist wrapper on
Chocolate lollipops! Easy, right?
I came up with three different lollipop alongs using the template. The first I made was with the vellum. I went for a "less in more" look. I stamped some flowers on the vellum and then made a little sentiment plaque to adhere to the vellum. The butterflies were die cut with a Spellbinders die. The black band helps to support the vellum and prevents it from flopping forward. I put FOUR jumbo brads in on the top and used those to close the top with ribbon. I went with a "piggy tails" look for the ribbon and made two bows. :)
The second and third were made slightly differently. I decided to cut a peek-a-boo hole in them using my Nestabilities. After all, I was so proud of the Raspberry Truffles and wanted to show them off. :) I stamped some flowers in Versamark on the card stock. On each, I added a sentiment and Butterfly embellishment. The tops were tied shut with a ribbon bow. Again, I set 4 jumbo brads in each lollipop along (so the top could actually be opened).
A few helpful hints when using this template:
- Make your own lollipops with Lindor Truffles
- When assembling the base (lollipop holder): fill it with shredded paper (like for gift baskets) prior to sealing it shut. When inserting your lollipops, they will stay upright and not flop over. My first box left my lollipops flopping over and it drove me crazy, so I trashed it and came up with an easy solution. :) Floral foam or styrofoam would also be a great choice I would think.
- Insert a peek-a-boo hole if your lollipops are pretty. :) You could decorate them with card stock or ribbons and then show them off.
- Instead of printing directly on your card stock, print on copy paper, then plot out the dimensions for cutting and scoring and use your paper trimmer/scor pal to make the box.
Gift Cost Breakdown:
Initial Expense for template: $5
Lollipop sticks: $.20
Card stock: $.45
Patterned Paper: $.30
Cost for gift: $3.73 (AFTER purchasing template for $5).
Stamps: Garden of Life
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Versamark, True Black
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, True Black, White, Raspberry Fizz Mix (patterned paper), linen vellum
Accessories: ribbon, lollipop sticks, Lindor Truffles, Nestabilities, Spellbinders die, silver brads, jumbo eyelets, shredded paper, anywhere hole punch, Butterfly punch, red line tape, red line dimensionals