ETA: I am adding this card to the Moxie Fab Wonderful Words Challenge. Click HERE to see all the entries.
The July Release from My Favorite Things has kept me happily stamping, and I have a card to share today, just because. I just can't enough of the Happy Die-namics.
First, I adhered 3/8" strips of card stock to an adhesive sheet, in a rainbow of colors (in ROYGBIV order of course). Then, I die-cut the Happy Die-namics exactly like it comes (hooked together). I removed the resulting die cuts and used them on THESE TWO CARDS, but I really wanted to use the piece that was leftover. I adhered that piece to this card and stamped "BIRTHDAY" in a rainbow of colors, to match, on a fishtail flag stax.
The Process1. Adhere 3/8" strips of card stock to an adhesive sheet.
2. Die cut the Happy Die-namics (make sure it's straight).
3. Remove the usable die cuts for use on another project. Save ALL the little bits that are inside the die-cut words.
4. Insert "placeholder" happy die cuts in the resulting space.
5. Adhere the letter centers in place in the lowercase happy.
6. Remove the placeholder die to reveal the complete word. With the centers being placed perfectly, it is easy to read and looks GREAT!
7. Repeat the process for the uppercase Happy.
8. Again, remove the placeholder to reveal the perfectly placed centers. You have now successfully used the "negative" of the Happy Die-namics.
I stamped the letters in the word "BIRTHDAY" one letter at a time. I inked up each letter by masking off the other letters with temporary tape before inking. After inking, I removed the tape, lined up the stamp with the other letters and stamp down. I repeated that process 8 times until I was done.
Here is another look at the finished card. Isn't it so… HAPPY?
Thanks for stopping by. Want any of the supplies I used to make this card? Click on the pics below!
Stamps: Delicious Birthday
Die-namics: Happy, Fishtail Flags STAX
Card Stock: Smooth White, Red Hot, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Sno Cone, Nightshift Blue, Grape Jelly
Premium Dye Ink: Red Hot, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Sno Cone, Nightshift Blue, Grape Jelly